Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A little side Job


I often  forget to talk about this side of my life. I have a friend and when I talk about my plate full she always reminds me, "Don't forget, you have your job too."

How do I forget this?

Maybe it starts with not really looking at it as a job. I talk to Moms and Dads. The kind that love their kids and sacrifice. The kind that know how to "Do Hard Things" and then take it that next step to push their offspring to follow suit. These parents inspire and encourage me. Often I find myself at my desk researching more, reading one more article, understanding one more detail about critical thinking, CLEP tests and  how to make it all work because I want to better serve these amazing, inspiring parents.


I've been doing this little side job since 2008.  It's such a pleasure working with CollegePlus! and CollegePrep!. I play several roles in the community and I'm currently training for two new positions. It's crazy in the most fun, energizing and creative way.


I wrote an ebook here recently. It explains the details of Dual Credit. It's a hazy world this high school/college stuff and when you throw in the homeschool dynamic, well, it can make your head swim and palms sweat. My goal with this little book, put hearts & minds at ease. I want to thank all those who've read. I pray you have been encouraged and maybe some of mystery of academia has been lifted.

If you'd like to read please download a copy here.




If you have read I'd love to hear your comments. Like I said I'm always digging to know more and hearing what I've left unsaid or what inspired you is HUGE to my always learning brain.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...