Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Step Aerobics

I love step aerobics.

Don't judge me, I know its a early 90's way to exercise but it has always been one of my favorites. I like how challenging the choreography can be and I like how high impact the exercise is. I really love how quickly an hour flies by.

Today, I took my seventeen year old, Josie, with me. When we walked in the instructor excitedly thanked me for bringing a friend. She told my "friend" that I was one of the best steppers in the class. She found out it was her first time ever stepping and gave her encouragement, "If you get lost you just go back to the basic step".

That last bit of direction proved unnecessary. Josie has been taking ballet and performing since she turned 4 years old. Hearing choreography directions shouted over loud music is a normal experience for her. For her first time stepping she rocked it. Her kicks up to her ears and even adding in choreography to challenge the moves and increase the workout level. Exercising to her left I maintained my usual pace but had to keep my eyes on the instructor since Jo seemed to know how to alter the moves and make them look good.

By the end of class I had been dethroned as the best stepper.

I love that my daughters are growing up to be my friends. I love that I got the chance to pour into their lives, educate & encourage them and now I watch as they surpass me at so many things. I can't help but feel it is a way God blesses my life, getting to watch them soar, while stepping at my own pace right beside them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...