Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello 2011

Here I stand at the foot of a New Year and the 360 some odd days lay ahead of me. My pulse quickens, maybe from fear? Another year, can I do another year?

No, It's adventure! Where will I go? Who will I meet? What will I read and how will it all change me?

I am excited to push onward into this 2011. I have in hand a list of goals I've jotted down for myself. I don't like resolutions, there nothing resolute about them. But, goals....
God Ordained Actions for my Life 
These motivate me. 

God and I, well we sat down to discuss some key issues; husbands, kids, education and friendship and this mortal soul named Kelly. It seems He's got a plan and I'm working to walk in it. He inspired me anew with His words from 2 Peter 1:5-8
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you posses these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ
And, isn't that my primary purpose, the point of all these Goals, to develop a deeper knowledge of that Creator so that I can be more like Him, used by Him.... and this beautiful list acts like a compass pointing me in His direction.

Hello 2011! It's gonna be great getting to know you.

New Gratitude in the New Year:

562.
New Year's Day on a Saturday. Perfect for packing it all up and putting the house to right.

563.
Kids staying up til midnight watching silly Marx brothers movies.

564.
Celebrating our New Year's Eve babies twelfth birthday.


571.
That amazing man who calls me wife and makes me laugh, holds me when I cry. So grateful God put him on this earth. Happy Birthday!

572.
Riding her bike home from the Grands wearing the new Camo with blace orange beanie.

575.
Quiet evening with the man writing and discussing Goals for the New Year.

576.
Candy Kanes hung in my office, the last vestige of Christmas in the house.

577.
My parents right around the corner and always up for an adventure, cup of coffee or visit.

578.
New shelves in the garage.

579.
A church so full it's tough to find a seat.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

Hey there! I just found your blog through A Holy Experience and I'm so glad I did. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!

Meghan
www.thetuckerstaketennessee.com
@meghantucker

Trinity and the brood said...

I like the new look of the blog! Happy New Year to you my friend!

-t- said...

we share the same Holy Spirit inspiration this week (2 Peter :)

love your motivation (GOALs) & that you're ready for Saturday :)

love, love that you & hubby are so inspirational, #575!

there is great excitement to be both spectator and friend as you get to know 2011 :]

Linda said...

This is truly a precious list. What a blessing to face a new year knowing the Father holds it in His hands.
It is so nice to meet you.

Melanie said...

Love the GOALS idea!!! Great post and I adore your blog design! :)

Blessings,
Melanie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...