Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are


One Thousand Gifts
By Ann Voskamp

I love this book. I love that I can't  skim through it and devour its contents in an afternoon. I love that as I read a new chapter I have to look up from the page. I have to periodically pause, glance skyward, take deep breaths, breaths to control the passionate beating of my heart, stretch my eyes wide so they can better hold the salty liquid pooling.  I love that when I put it down I feel thoughtful and warmed at her gentle thoughts,  her poetic passions. I love that this book draws me more intimately to my Bible.

One Thousand Gifts is a beautiful road sign that points straight to our Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

-t- said...

((yes, it is true for me too))

Unknown said...

Love LOVE LOVE!! this book too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...